MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHES
HEALTH AND SAFETY DIRECTORATE
WHO ARE WE?
The directorate of Health & Safety was established on April 2010. This office is committed to provide a safe and healthy work and educational environment for all its employees, students and visitors.
The mandate of this directorate includes:
- Managing the university’s overall health & safety program with the goal of preventing occupational injures and illnesses.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to meet all requirements, duties set by standard occupational Health & Safety Acts and any applicable regulations.
The Ministry of higher Education is committed to the protection of its employees, students, the environment and its physical assets. The Health & Safety Committees of this directorate are dedicated to maintain a safe work environment in order to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. All employees are equally responsible for complying with the requirements of the Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and Operational Policies. The Health & Safety Directorate provides a system to manage health & safety hazards and protect the health and safety of the students & employees.
The policies and procedures used by the health and safety directorate are designed to ensure protecting the health and safety of all students & employees. The purpose of establishing this directorate is to ensure that:
- Managing is committed to the prevention of occupational illness and injury.
- A health and safe work environment is maintained.
- The Universities of Kurdistan region meets all legislated requirements.
- Supervisors and committee members understand that it is their responsibility to ensure that health and safe work conditions are maintained and all employees under their direction are appropriately trained.
- Employees & Students understand that it is not only management, but also the employees & student’s legislated responsibility to work safely and report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
- The responsibilities of contractors, sub-contractors and their employees are defined, and also ensure that their standards meet or exceed the University’s and legislated health and safety program standards.
- The rules, regulations, policies, procedures and criteria of universities will be communicated to and made available for all employees.
For further information please contact Dr. Brwa Mohammad Saeed at the MHE